100th Birthday Celebration

Prompt - It’s my 100th Birthday Celebration

  • Who is there
  • What am I wearing
  • Where are we
  • Who is speaking


#onbeinghuman815


So interesting as I do not think I want to live to 100 - but I will play along. I’m wearing a comfortable loose fitting dress, I just finished a hike outside the cabin at the base of Mt Tahoma (Rainier) walking in the old trees and feeling my bare feet on the pine needled ground. I am in this cabin with a few close friends and relatives who rented out this space for all of us to gather. I am not as steady on my feet - but I can still walk into the woods and gaze up at the trees.


I’m not sure who is speaking because I am spending a lot more time in my head. But, here is the speech.


Today we are here to honor and reflect on Tracy’s life. She has spent so much time walking in these woods and surrounding area, it seems fitting to be here at the base of this mountain which has called to her time and time again to remember to spend quiet time in nature. She enjoyed a career as a librarian and an archivist - but decide to write when she hit 50. She has published a few books including one about her great aunt Gladys. She also began to get more involved in social justice issues and did some volunteer research for projects like the innocence project and the equal justice initiative. She loved her husband Tim - who is no longer with us and she continues to appreciate nature as a place for solace and refuge. Her work is her passion so one piece of advice she continues to give is to do what you love, the rest will work itself out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)

New Year's Resolutions (1/10/2021)