Prompt - In my Dreams (written June 1, 2019)


In my dreams...


I fall from a tall place

I am in the dark - so dark you cannot see only hear - bumps, scrapes, screeching, crying

I am in a very bright space

I see people I no longer associate with

I listen to the sound of the surf

I see those who I knew before they died

I am not me

I cower in a corner waiting for...

I was a concert violinist

I married a church minister

I had 16 children - not all of them lived

My teeth start to loosen and then they fall out

I am covered by the small stuffed animals on my bed and they mean me harm

My mother’s form in her blue housecoat has no eyes

I am in the mountains, sitting on top of the world

I am drinking a Dr Pepper and it isn’t too sweet

I put my feet into a cool stream and feel the mud embrace my toes

I am in a field of beautiful flowers and I am staring at the sky

I am laying on a cloud - and floating

I am standing on a ledge - and I cannot see the bottom

I am listening to my brother play the piano - but I cannot find him

I need to find a toilet - and everywhere I go the doors are locked or something is wrong with the toilet - until...

I am surrounded by twinkling lights while all is dark around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)

New Year's Resolutions (1/10/2021)