May 2020 - Poetry - Untitled

#walkingonwater


People make choices

Every day

How you show up

What you say

When you react

And why you believe

That a man

Who looks different 

Than you means harm

What happened to

Compassion 

What if people are

Doing the best they can

But their best means

Stomping out another life

Or macing a child

What then?

How do you continue 

To believe in humanity 

When some base faith

On a man

Walking on water

And miracles

Yet spout hate

With every action

And word

I cry

I scream

I shout

But it is not enough 

I feel helpless

Hopeless

Have faith

How can I 

When the world

Seems torn

The veil has lifted

All I see is ruin

Chaos 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)

New Year's Resolutions (1/10/2021)