In the Margins (30/30 from April 2019)

#inthemargins


I checked a book

The other day

Opened those old familiar pages

Searched for a quote

And happened upon a message

Written in the margins

It said, You matter

My eyes welled with tears

As I saw the heart shape

Drawn next to it

The writing was mine

When I was young 

Maybe thirteen or so

But as I read it

Now nearly fifty

I wondered if my younger self

Ever felt like she mattered

Did she right it for her

Or was it a message to someone

Like me - years later

Reading the message 

in the margin

Comments

  1. Love what looks like a very purposeful spelling. Made me really pause and absorb.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)

New Year's Resolutions (1/10/2021)