Dear Noelle


I love that you were like a big sister to me.  I maybe did not ever mention that during our nearly 15 year friendship.  You made me feel beautiful and did my hair and makeup.  Both things that I did not know I wanted done but in the end made me feel special.  I love that you showed me photography, and took me into nature to discover the colors and textures in trees, leaves, and even in rocks. I love our adventures to amusement parks and those Sunday afternoons between church services where we would play with either dolls or figures and let our imaginations run wild.  It is because of you I was able to see more than just Ohio and Iowa - I still remember that first trip to Florida, in the back of your family’s station wagon singing Blonde’s Tide is High in the back.  Playing games in the car to make those hours pass by.  Popularity was always a favorite.  You were always so good and inventing games to keep me and your sister entertained while sitting in the car for 20+ hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)

New Year's Resolutions (1/10/2021)