30/30 National Poetry Month Challenge

 Hi Everyone,

I am 11 days into the National Poetry Month 30/30 Poetry Challenge. I always love the prompts and it does challenge my ability to come up with something. I sometimes try haiku but most of the time I am not using a particular type or style of poetry.

This one was originally written in April of 2020

#nightvision


I tiptoe through

the dark house 

in search of water

And I spy

With my eye

Something small

Run across my floor

I blink

What was that

A shiver 

Strolls up my spine

And I dismiss

As dark playing

Tricks on me

But as I

Snuggle back into bed

My last thought

Before I slumber

Is was that a 

Mouse?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)

New Year's Resolutions (1/10/2021)