April is National Poetry Month - 30/30 Poetry Challenge

 

April is National Poetry Month and for the past few years I participate in a poetry challenge online. It is one of the things I find redeemable about Facebook. I cannot lie, I do love reconnecting with people or catching a photo or two of what people I haven't see in years are doing, but mostly it seems to be advertisements and people being mean to each other in a way they would never do if the interaction was face to face. I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. This is one of the things I love - the Groups. People who like to do the same things you are doing or they are working on the same things you are working on. Some Groups have some pretty strict rules...and that can be hard for people. I love the groups that enforce these rules. Once of the groups I am a part of is 30/30 Poetry Challenge. Most of the year, it is silent, then on April 1st, the group springs forth in poetry prompts and other people sharing their poetry for the whole month of April. Last year during the COVID-19 outbreak the group extended it through May for the connection calling it 61/61. A prompt drops sometime in the wee hours and then the page explodes with so many amazing and beautiful expressions of writing. I will be posting some of my poems from this challenge on my blog this month - if you feel lead, please comment with a poem on the same topic as mine. I cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Originally written April 4, 2020

#sundryfragments


My gloved hand

Digs through the dirt

Sorting a pebble

A shard of glass

A rusty nail

A bit of plastic 

A clear marble

A bottle cap

A small doll arm

A wriggling worm

Oh the treasures

When removing sod

In the backyard 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)

New Year's Resolutions (1/10/2021)