Research and Ramblings


 I am moving my blog to a new platform and procrastinating as usual. I have already started a Wordpress account and now I am just trying to find ways to personalize it and now after about a month or so I am hoping to make the switch. I will send out the link and the way to subscribe soon!

I am also working on my book. I officially signed the contract on June 26 and met with my publisher on July 12. Now it is time to create a timeline that seems realistic and will not be a race for the end as most of my projects in past have seemed to be. Any ideas? I am working on a book for Arcadia Publishing called Spokane Parks. My first order of business is to find a bunch of images (200 or so). They will be black and white. I have a set of older negatives and images from the Spokane Parks Department I plan to digitize. But I am also looking for people who live in Spokane who may have enjoyed the parks in the Spokane area to show me their personal photos and share their stories with me. I am planning an Archives Month event in Cheney in October. Hopefully I am able to get the word out and generate interest.

This image is from the Spokane Parks Lantern Slide collection hosted on the Digital Archives. This one in particular is from Natatorium Park, an amusement park along the Spokane River. This shot has been used in books and postcards. Lovers Lane, a secluded area for couples wanting a little privacy and perhaps to cool off on a summer's day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of a Photograph (written March 19 2019)

Fourth of July (written 7/4/2020)

10 Things (written 4/4/2019)